- Home Performance Retrofits
- Energy Audits & Diagnostics
- Building & HVAC Design
- Training, Classes & Research
The Building Performance Institute (BPI) is the nation's leading building science accreditation organization. The "house as a system" philosophy - which looks at a building's various components (building envelope, attic, basement, combustion equipment, ventilation sources) and the interrelationship between them to maximize a home's performance. This approach leads to greater energy efficiency, but perhaps more importantly to buildings that simply work better. A home that has been analyzed and upgraded from a whole-house standpoint is more durable, healthier, more comfortable, and more energy efficient. For more information about BPI's standards, take a look at their Technical Standards for Building Analysts (PDF).
We aren't just BPI Certified we are at the head of the pack. Among the first BPI test proctors in the Western United States, we have trained and tested many of the individuals who now use this logo. When they have questions about problems in a client's house that they can't figure out, we are a go to organization for technical information. If you have the opportunity to work with us directly on a project, whether it's consulting, design or installation, you can be sure that all of our learning will be applied to better outcomes for your house. In the end a certification is only as good as what you do with it. We are committed to achieving great results that far exceed minimum standards and certifications. When we make your house perform, our test results will prove it, and you will feel the difference.
We hold certifications and are proctors for BPI in the following categories:
- Building Performance Analyst
- Building Performance Envelope Specialist
- Building Performance Heating Specialist
- Building Performance AC and Heat Pump Specialist
- We are also certified by:
- ARRST-National Radon Proficiency Program (NRPP): Residential Radon Measurement Provider # 107564
- ARRST-NRPP: Residentail Radon Mitigation Ceritification #107564
- National Comfort Institute (NCI): Carbon Monoxide/Combustion Analyst
- Air Conditioning Contractors Assocation (ACCA): Manual J Trainer
- California State Licensed General and HVAC Contractor: CA 901803
National Radon Proficiency Program
The NRPP serves as the credentialing division of AARST and is recognized as the nation's leading certification program for radon professionals.
Energy Upgrade CA
Energy Upgrade California® is a statewide initiative committed to helping Californians be more energy efficient, utilize more sustainable natural resources, reduce demand on the energy grid and make informed choices about their energy use at home and at work—all of which goes a long way for California.
Are we the right company for your home?
We have very high standards. If you decide to work with us, you are assured of a home that performs well beyond what building codes require. We take the extra care and time to get it right. We're not for everyone, but if you want a home for life, we should talk.